Thursday, October 16, 2014

Lots of Love for Lucretia

I am overwhelmed at the effort that Lu puts into our trip. She is my guide, my consultant,  my translator, my help, my motivation and my friend.

For instance today we walked from Torres del Rio to Viana. There we hopped a bus to Lograno, where we had to make a connection to a bus going to Navarrete where we are staying tonight.   The bus station in Lograno was not a friendly place.  Frankly it was very intimidating. She gathered what information we needed and we got out very quickly. Once on the street she found a friendly face to help us and soon we were on the bus to Navarrete.

After walking and bussing today she told me to take the first shower so she could prepare our lunch for tomorrow. On the Camino hot showers are a commodity.  She knew fully well that if I showered first she might not have hot water.   I showered and when I finished I had a nice bite of bread and olive oil compliments of her.

After that we went out for a nice peregrino dinner with some of the friendly people met have met along The Way.

I am very thankful for my wife,  Lucretia

1 comment:

  1. Buen Camino you two! I'm enjoying keeping up-to-date on your journey.

    ReplyDelete