Saturday, September 20, 2014

Where do I start?

So I guess this all began when we first watched the movie, "The Way" back in 2011. We have always had an interest in hiking. We moved to Nashville recently, and in our exploration of the area we crossed paths with the Appalachian Trail a few times. The AT has always intrigued me and knowing that Lu would have none of the overnight camping it involves I started checking into "inn to inn" hiking with no camping.  It exists, but my scheduled time off work is in October, so it would have been getting cold at elevation.  I hate cold weather.  Our idea?  The Camino de Santiago in Spain, of course. So in May 2014 we began our research, gathered gear, and started hiking.  Lots of hiking.
Lu trying on backpacks at one of our frequent trips to REI.


New packs!


Is this really waterproof? 

Hiking. Lots and lots of hiking...


No comments:

Post a Comment